Meet the Headteacher
“A family, growing and learning in God’s love”
We are an inclusive church school where children are at the heart of everything that we do. Governors and staff are dedicated to providing high-quality teaching and learning for every child. We believe that if children are to achieve to the best of their ability, they need to be learning in a safe, secure, caring and happy environment so that every child feels valued, challenged and inspired to fulfil their potential.
- To have happy, confident and resilient children who achieve their potential.
- For every child to be the best that they can be.
- To provide a broad, challenging and exciting curriculum that allows children to flourish and thrive.
- To ensure a safe learning environment which prepares children for the wider world.
- To promote our Christian and British values.
- To foster wider, positive community links.
As a Church of England school our values are defined by our distinctive Christian character. We believe and promote the Christian values and as a school we regularly review our core values that we feel encapsulate our school.
Meet the Staff
Class 1 Teacher
Higher Level Teaching Assistant
Interventions teaching assistant/Praise & Play Club Leader
Class 1 Teaching Assistant MSA and ELSA
School Business Manager
Class 2 & Senior Teacher
Specialist Sports Coach
Class 2 Teaching Assistant
Meet our Governors
- Setting aims and targets for the school and checking the school's progress towards attaining these.
- Monitoring how well the school's policies and plans are working.
- Accounting for the performance of the school and Governing Body.
- Working with the Headteacher to make sure that teaching at school is effective and good quality and the children are making the best possible progress.
- Taking general responsibility for the school and its budget.
- Challenging and supporting the Headteacher and taking opportunities to show interest in and appreciation of staff and pupils.
- Promoting the interests of the school and its pupils in the wider community.
We have several types of Governor
Elected from parents at the school by parents at the school.
Representative from the diocese.
Local Authority (LA) Governors
Appointed by the LEA
Appointed by members of the governing body. They are intended to be representative of the local community and may add particular kinds of expertise.
Members of our governing body are drawn from different aspects of our community. We have members who are parents (elected by the parental body); Foundation (selected by the Parish); Staff (elected by the staff); and those who have a role that entitles them to be a governor (Headteacher & Vicar). Any queries should be directed to Chris Taperell (Chair of Governors) or Mrs Suzanne MacDonald (Headteacher). Our governors operate within the guidelines of an agreed , and are expected to operate within the ‘Nolan Principles of Public Life’ at all times
Date of appointment
Term of Office
Business Interests/Relationships with staff/governors at other schools
Mrs Suzanne MacDonald
|05/17||Whilst in post||Headteacher at Barlow & Chapel Haddlesey Schools federation|
|Rev. Anna Burr||Foundation Governor||York Diocesan Board of Education after consultation with parish||RIG, PM, Church||
Quality of Teaching, Learning and Assessment, SIAMS
|12/17||12/21||Foundation Governor at Hambleton School|
|Mrs Lizzy Hugill
|Mr Rob Purdy
|LA Governor||Nominated by LA and appointed by Governors||Finance, Complaints||
Vice-Chair, Leadership & Management
|12/17||12/21||Director of mortgage company|
|Mrs Karen Wood-Stones
|Parent Governor||Parents||Finance, Complaints||Mathematics||10/18||10/22||Governor at Armthorpe Academy|
|Mr Chris Taperell||Parent Governor||Parents||Finance, PM, RIG||
Child Protection & Safeguarding, Recruitment and Selection, SEND, Pupil Premium, PE & Sports Funding, Health & Safety & Premises
|10/18||10/22||Director of waste management company|
| Mr Adam Wilson
|Co-opted Governor||Governors||RIG, Complaints||Outcomes for all pupils||10/18||10/22||None|
|Rev. Pete Watson
Personal Development, Behaviour and Welfare
|09/10||Whilst in post||Foundation Governor at Brayton CE Primary School|
|Mrs Emma Winder
|Co-opted Governor||Governors||PM, RIG||
|10/18||10/22||Shareholder in software consultancy|
|Mrs Llian Spinks
RIG - Rapid Improvement Group for Curriculum & Standards
Finance - Finance, Staffing & Resources
Church - Church Working Group
PM - Performance Management (also includes an independent advisor)